Yesterday, The Husband and the two boys were taking part in the Hometown Hockey activities that were happening on the Dartmouth side of the city. I had dropped them off earlier in the day, and after the festivities, they took the ferry across the harbour to catch a bus home. Our ferry boats are for foot and bicycle traffic only (pictured above) and aren’t large.
ET obviously couldn’t remember the previous times he had been on one, because last night as they boarded the boat, the 9-year-old asked his father…
“Is there a buffet?”
Not sure what kind of lavish cruise he was expecting for the 10 minute crossing.
Previous: Funny things my kids say #25
Last night, ET was yelling to me from his bed that he was having trouble falling asleep.
When I pointed out to him that he had only been in bed for five minutes and that it might take a little longer than that, he said in a very sad voice…
“My body is ready to sleep but my brain wants to read some more.”
I know what you mean kid… every afternoon at work!
Previous: Funny things my kids say #24
This morning, prompted by the carol mix we had playing, the 8-year-old asked The Husband…
“What was Santa’s career before Jesus was born?”
The Christmas spirit is strong in this one… even when it bumps into his practicality!
Merry Christmas, everyone.
Previous: Funny things my kids say #23
My youngest son just turned 8 and he is going through a very observant stage. You really can’t get anything by him these days.
Since we got Dexter, ET has been following him around and studying canine behaviour. This weekend he came to a conclusion…
“I wish I was a dog. They don’t have to go to school, they get lots of treats…”
He paused, then added in a loud whisper,
“…and they can lick their penis!”
Ahhh, the good life.
Previous: Funny things my kids say #22
I know none of these are exclusive to a house with boys but, as a whole, I think the gender of our children is pretty clear.
1) Random toy collections litter every surface of our home.
2) There is a high-tide line in our bathtub.
3) “Wash your hands before you touch anything!” is a standing order.
4) We have a mysterious “trail-mix” factory in our car.
5) We are grateful everytime the puddle on the bathroom floor is only water.
6) We know the excruciating pain of stepping barefoot on Lego.
7) The only “F word” in our house is fart.
8) We have a “no bugs/rocks/sticks in the house” rule.
9) We can’t make plans until we check the kids’ hockey schedule.
10) The laundry never ends.
11) Our house had a stinky dog odor before we even got a dog!
Do you have boys, girls or a mixture? Does your house have a particular gender flavour?
This morning the 9-year-old was overheard sharing some wisdom with his friends…
“Note to self: when parents say “maybe” they usually mean no.”
Previous: Funny things my kids say #21