I know none of these are exclusive to a house with boys but, as a whole, I think the gender of our children is pretty clear.
1) Random toy collections litter every surface of our home.
2) There is a high-tide line in our bathtub.
3) “Wash your hands before you touch anything!” is a standing order.
4) We have a mysterious “trail-mix” factory in our car.
5) We are grateful everytime the puddle on the bathroom floor is only water.
6) We know the excruciating pain of stepping barefoot on Lego.
7) The only “F word” in our house is fart.
8) We have a “no bugs/rocks/sticks in the house” rule.
9) We can’t make plans until we check the kids’ hockey schedule.
10) The laundry never ends.
11) Our house had a stinky dog odor before we even got a dog!
Do you have boys, girls or a mixture? Does your house have a particular gender flavour?